CERTIFICATE OF GOOD CONDUCT (CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATE)
Any natural person, regardless of nationality, is entitled to apply for a certificate of good conduct.
An application for certificate of no criminal record/good conduct can be submitted only in person by prior appointment. Appointments can be made via the online reservation system.
The certificate may include the following facts concerning the applicant:
- has no criminal record / not listed in the register of individuals indicted under criminal charges,
- is not subject to a ban of participating in public affairs,
- is not subject to a ban of occupation or certain occupation,
- meets the conditions of criminal record in the law selected by the applicant (see point IV. of the application form).
When completing the “Application Form for Certificate of Good Conduct” for applying for a visa to enter the United States of America, the applicant must proceed as follows:
The point IV. of the application form "Compliance with other law” (“más törvénynek való megfelelés") should be replaced by "Requesting an American immigrant visa” or “For US visa” (“amerikai bevándorló vízum céljából” vagy “USA vízumhoz”).
In this case – if the applicant is not recorded in the register – the Ministry of Interior shall certify that the named person is “NOT INCLUDED IN THE REGISTER OF CRIMINALS”, also that s/he is “NO SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROCEEDINGS”.
If the client does not indicate the above in the application form at point IV., it may result in a rejection of the applicant's visa application for the United States of America.
The required documents and conditions:
- valid passport or identity card
- Hungarian address card (for Hungarian citizens)
- filled application form
The certificate is valid for ninety days from the date of issue.
The certificate is issued in Hungarian only. The Consulate does not translate the certificate.
Types of certificate of good conduct:
1. As an electronic public document, printed and certified by the Consulate (this is expected to take 3-5 days).
2. As a paper certificate of good conduct issued by the issuing Hungarian criminal authority
- to an address in Hungary,
- to be delivered by the issuing authority to the client at an address in Hungary.
The paper certificate of good conduct is expected to be available approximately 4-6 weeks after the application is submitted.